The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) relies totally on voluntary contributions and legacies. It receives no financial assistance from the UK Government. Yet it supplies 24 hour cover around the coastline of Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland, all at the cost of nothing to the taxpayer. This is why fundraising is an important and integral part of the activities that support the lifeboat services.
Your donation will help to purchase the following All-Weather crew equipment:
- £20 – will buy a pair of gloves for a lifeboat crewmember
- £40 – will buy a pair of crewmember’s boots
- £200 – will buy a pair of protective trousers
- £240 – will buy a jacket for a crewmember
- £180 – will buy a safety helmet for a crewmember
- £500 – will buy a lifejacket
- £245 – will buy a first aid kit
Your donation will help to purchase the following Inshore lifeboat crew equipment:
- £20 – will buy a pair of gloves
- £350 – will a buy drysuit (boots included)
- £90 – will buy a thermal suit
- £180 – will buy a safety helmet
- £460 – will buy a lifejacket
Individuals can help in the fund raising by various means:
- Membership – click on the membership page for more details.
- Legacies – with nearly 70% of the RNLI’s income coming from legacies, it is easy to see how important this source of income is to the RNLI. Please telephone 01202 663032 for details.
- Organising Events – why not help your local RNLI branch by holding fundraising events such as: pub quizzes, dance nights, jumble/car boot sales, barbeques etc.
- Purchasing RNLI Gifts – many RNLI stations have their own gift shops. They sell an extensive range of high quality souvenirs, gifts and cards, suitable for all times of the year. The Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat gift shop is situated next to the boathouse, so the next time you are passing please drop in.
If you would like to assist in fund raising for the Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat, please write to:
Sarah Halls (Regional Manager)
Suffolk IP7 5AD
Tel: (01473) 822837